This guide will walk you through the process of verifying your membership on AmanaMarket. Verification ensures a safe and secure environment for everyone and unlocks additional features for you as a member.
Please note: Completing these steps is mandatory for full access to the AmanaMarket features.
Before you begin:
- You are required to be a member of a market. You have to join an existing market, if you are not, follow this detailed guide on how to join a market: [Link to Signup Guide].
- Once you have joined a market, the market leader has to approve you
- Once you've registered, log in to your account.
Note: Only a verified market can have its members verified, so if you join a market that is not verified, you will not be able to verify your account until the market has completed its verification.
Now you can begin the verification process by following the steps below:
1. Click on the sidebar menu.
2. Click profile
3. Click Start verification
You will see a section with the following list of verification steps:
- Call Center verification
- Bank Verification Number (BVN) verification
- National Identity Number (NIN) verification
- Live verification
- Location verification
Note: To submit verification successfully, top up your account with a minimum of 500 Naira as a search fee.
1. Call Center Verification:
- Click on Call Center Verification and follow the instructions.
- Call our dedicated verification team during business hours.
- Have your ID type and ID number ready.
- A representative will guide you through a short verification process.
2. BVN and NIN Verification:
- Click on "BVN Verification" and enter your BVN.
- Click on "NIN Verification" and enter your NIN.
- Your BVN and NIN will be securely encrypted and stored according to data privacy regulations.
- This step helps us verify your identity and prevent fraudulent activity.
3. Live Verification:
- Click Live verification
- Click Start camera
- Ensure you are well-lit and facing the camera directly.
- Click Take picture
- Click upload
- You will see a notification that Your photo has been uploaded
Note: This step helps us verify that the account belongs to a real person and enhances security.
4. Location Verification:
- Click Location Verification
- Enter your market address in the designated field.
- Enter your market city in the designated field
- Click on choose file
- Upload a scanned copy of Rent Agreement or Proof of Ownership
- Ensure the bill is clearly legible and includes your name and address.
- Location verification helps us ensure you are located within the designated market area.
- Only accept bills issued within the past 3 months.
- Click Submit and pay
- if you have deposited an amount that can be used to pay search fee, then submission will go through successfully; otherwise, you will see a pop-up to top up and then submit
- 500 naira will be deducted from your wallet as search fee
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article